Monday, June 7, 2010

One of my favorite things is my yard! I love all of my trees and plants, especially the plants in my garden. Finally after what we thought was the end of all of the snow and frost we put our garden in (little did we know that mother nature still had some snow in mind!)
We went to Western Gardens and gathered up all of the tomatoes I had my eye on, a zucchini, some pumpkin and cucumber seeds. I also grabbed a basil, oregano, cilantro, and rosemary.
As a family we planned out the boxes and carefully designated each spot for each plant.
I wanted to try different types of tomatoes so we did 6 different kinds of tomatoes.
Sweet 100’s, Early girls, Romas, Celebrity’s and Tigerellas. (there is one more but I forgot) I also planted black beauty zucchini and space saver cucumbers.
I personally think that the entire reason to have a garden is for the tomatoes. Think about it….salsa all summer, delicious pasta sauce, eating one right off the vine. Oh tomatoes is there anything that you can’t do?

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree that tomatoes are THE reason to have a garden. Sadly our didn't make it this year, but we have tons of tasty strawberries and they almost make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I love strawberries! We tried to grow them last year, but all the magpies ate them, and then in turn ate other stuff in our garden. So i count on Costco for the strawberries this year :)

    ReplyDelete