Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things



The thunder and lightening tonight remind me of one of my favorite things. It's the scene from the Sound of Music when Maria calms the children down during a thunderstorm by singing to them all about her favorite things.
Who doesn't LOVE that song? So on this stormy night, I thought that I would share a few of my favorite things with you!

I recently found these on etsy, and I think they are wonderful!


Vintage Apple Crates


(wouldn't they make a great book case?)



http://www.etsy.com/listing/52219859/vintage-antique-apple-crates


Isn't etsy the best?! Here is another favorite....


Beautiful Bird Measuring Spoons


(these absoloutely sing to me)




http://www.etsy.com/listing/50613573/bird-measuring-spoons




now on a sweeter note....


Waffles


(crispy, fluffy, love them!)






and finally something from one of my favorite blogs,

Tatertots and Jello


Subway Art


(this is made with all of their addresses, so fun!)



http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/2010/07/family-address-subway-art-project.html


What are some of your favorite things?



8 comments:

  1. Great favorite things Sarah! Those waffles look so good! And the measuring spoons are sweet! I hope you are having a great day. Let's get together next week and make some Subway Art!


    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will plan on next week, I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage apple crates as well. Hope you survived that thunderstorm. My son hates them! Etsy is so wonderful!

    My favorite things...daisies, the color pink, spending time with my kids...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great things, especially the waffles and measuring spoons! That was a great scene from Sound of Music for sure! I'm new here and will enjoy following to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't find an email for you but wanted to answer your question. No, I haven't made my own vanilla sugar yet. Have you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to. I have heard if you store used vanilla beans with sugar that it will become vanilla sugar. I am going to try it and I will let you know :)

    ReplyDelete